§ 1 General provisions
- The owner of the store and at the same time the data administrator is the business of MAXIMUS Dawid Gadula, Glinik 34/1, 31-990 Kraków, with NIP numbers: 6783175798 and REGON 381141136, hereinafter referred to as scvolley.
- Personal data collected by scvolley via the Online Store is processed in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and repeal Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection), also referred to as the GDPR.
- SCvolley makes special care to respect the privacy of customers visiting the Online Store.
§ 2 The type of data being processed, the objectives and the legal basis
- SCvolley collects information on natural persons conducting legal transactions not directly related to their activities, natural persons conducting business or professional activity on their own behalf, and natural persons representing legal persons or organizational units that are not legal entities to which the act grants legal capacity, conducting business activity on its own behalf or professional, hereinafter referred to collectively as customers.
- Customers’ personal data is collected in the case of:
a) registering an account in the Online Store, in order to create an individual account and manage this account.Legal basis: indispensability to perform the contract for the provision of the Account service (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR);
b) place an order in the Online Store in order to perform a sales contract. Legal basis: indispensability to perform a sales contract (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR);
c) using the contact form service to perform the contract provided electronically. Legal basis: indispensability to perform the contract for the provision of the contact form service (Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR).
- In the case of registering an account in the Online Store, the Customer provides:
a) email address;
b) address details:
a. zip code and city;
b. street with house / flat number.
c) name and surname;
d) telephone number.
- When registering an account in the Online Store, the Customer sets an individual password to access his account.The customer can change the password, at a later time, on the terms described in §5.
- In the case of placing an order in the Online Store, the Customer provides the following data:
a) email address;
b) address details:
a. zip code and city;
b. street with house / flat number.
c) name and surname;
d) telephone number.
- In the case of Entrepreneurs, the above data scope is additionally extended by:
a) Entrepreneur’s company;
b) NIP number.
- If you use the contact form service, the customer provides the following data:
a) email address;
b) name and surname.
- When using the Online Store Website, additional information may be downloaded, in particular: the IP address assigned to the Client’s computer or the external IP address of the Internet provider, domain name, browser type, access time, type of operating system.
- Customers may also collect navigation data, including information about links and links in which they decide to click or other activities undertaken in our Online Store. Legal basis – a legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the RODO), consisting in facilitating the use of services provided electronically and improving the functionality of these services.
- In order to determine, investigate and enforce claims, certain personal data provided by the Customer may be processed as part of using the functionality in the Online Store, such as: name, surname, data on the use of services, if claims result from the manner in which the customer uses the services, other data necessary to prove the existence of the claim, including the extent of the damage suffered. Legal basis – a legitimate interest (Article 6 (1) (f) of the RODO), consisting in determining, pursuing and enforcing claims and defending against claims in proceedings before courts and other state authorities.
Personal data provided to scvolley are given to him voluntarily, in connection with concluded sales contracts or provision of services via the Shop Website, however, caveat that failure to specify in the data forms in the Registration process prevents registration and establishment of the Customer Account, and in the case of placing an order without registering a Customer Account will prevent the submission and execution of the Customer’s order.
§ 3 Who are the data shared or entrusted to and how long are it stored?
- The customer’s personal data is provided to service providers that scvolley uses while running the Online Store.Service providers to whom personal data are transferred, depending on contractual arrangements and circumstances, or are subject to scvolley’s instructions as to the purposes and methods of processing such data (processors) or independently determine the purposes and means of their processing (administrators).
a) Processors. SCvolley uses suppliers who process personal information only on scvolley instructions. These include providers providing hosting services, accounting services, providing marketing systems, systems for analyzing traffic in the Online Store, systems for analyzing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns;
b) Administrators. scvolley uses suppliers who do not act solely on the instructions and set the goals and methods of using the personal data of clients. They provide electronic and bank payment services.
- Location. Service providers are based mainly in Poland and other countries of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Customers’ personal data is stored:
a) If the basis for the processing of personal data is consent then the client’s personal data are processed by scvolley until the consent is canceled, and after the consent is revoked for a period corresponding to the period of limitation claims that can be raised scvolley and what can be raised against him. Unless a special rule provides otherwise, the period of limitation is ten years, and for claims for periodic benefits and claims related to running a business – three years.
b) If the basis for data processing is the performance of the contract, then the personal data of the customer are processed by scvolley as long as it is necessary to perform the contract, and after that time for a period corresponding to the period of limitation of claims. Unless a special rule provides otherwise, the period of limitation is ten years, and for claims for periodic benefits and claims related to running a business – three years.
- If a purchase is made in the Store, personal data may be transferred to the courier company in order to deliver the ordered goods.
- The navigation data can be used to provide customers with better service, statistical data analysis and adaptation of the Online Store to customer preferences, as well as the administration of the Online Store.
scvolley in the case of a request to him, provides personal data to authorized state bodies, in particular organizational units of the Prosecutor’s Office, the Police, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection or the President of the Office of Electronic Communications.
§ 4 The mechanism of cookies, IP address
- The Online Store uses small files, called cookies. They are saved by scvolley on the end device of the person visiting the Online Store, if the web browser allows it. A cookie file usually contains the name of the domain it originates from, its “expiration time” and an individual, randomly selected number identifying this file. The information collected using this type of files help adapt the products offered by scvolley to individual preferences and real needs of visitors to the Online Store. They also provide the opportunity to develop general statistics of visits to the presented products in the Online Store.
- scvolley uses two types of cookies:
a) Session cookies: after completing a session of a given browser or turning off the computer, stored information is removed from the device’s memory. The mechanism of session cookies does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the Clients’ computers.
b) Persistent cookies: they are stored in the memory of the Customer’s end device and remain there until they are deleted or expired. The mechanism of persistent cookies does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the client’s computer.
- SCvolley uses own cookies in order to:
a) authentication of the Customer in the Online Store and ensuring Customer’s session in the Online Store (after logging in), thanks to which the Customer does not have to enter the login and password on each subpage of the Online Store;
b) analysis and research and audience audits, and in particular to create anonymous statistics that help to understand how customers use the Store Website, which allows improving its structure and content.
- The cookie mechanism is safe for the customers of the Online Store. In particular, this way it is not possible to get viruses or other unwanted software or malicious software onto your computers. However, in their browsers, Customers have the option of limiting or disabling access to cookies on their computers. If you use this option, the use of the Online Store will be possible, in addition to functions that, by their nature, require cookies.
a) Internet Explorer browser;
b) Microsoft EDGE browser;
c) Mozilla Firefox browser;
d) Chrome browser;
e) Safari browser;
f) Opera browser.
- SCvolley can collect customer IP addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to the computer of the visitor of the Online Store by the ISP. The IP number allows access to the Internet. In most cases, it is assigned dynamically to the computer, i.e. it changes every time you connect to the Internet and is therefore commonly regarded as non-person identifying information. The IP address is used by scvolley when diagnosing technical problems with the server, creating statistical analyzes (eg determining the regions from which we receive the most visits), as information useful in administering and improving the Online Store, as well as for security purposes and possible identification of server burdens, unwanted automated programs to browse the contents of the Online Store.
The Online Store contains links and links to other websites. SCvolley is not responsible for the privacy practices applicable to them.
§ 5 Rights of data subjects
- The right to withdraw consent – legal basis: art. 7 par. 3 RHODE.
a) The customer has the right to withdraw any consent given by scvolley.
b) Withdrawal of consent has effect since the withdrawal of consent.
c) Withdrawal of consent does not affect the processing carried out by scvolley in accordance with the law prior to its withdrawal.
d) Withdrawal of consent does not entail any negative consequences for the customer, however, it may prevent further use of services or functionality which, according to the law, may be provided only with consent.
- The right to object to data processing – legal basis: art. 21 THE RHODE.
a) The customer has the right to object at any time – for reasons related to his specific situation – to the processing of his personal data, including profiling, if scvolley processes his data based on a legitimate interest, e.g. marketing of scvolley products and services, statistics on the use of individual functionalities of the Online Store and facilitating the use of the Online Store, as well as a satisfaction survey.
b) Opting out in the form of an e-mail from receiving marketing messages concerning products or services will mean the Customer’s objection to the processing of his personal data, including profiling for these purposes.
c) If the customer’s objection proves to be justified and scvolley has no other legal basis for the processing of personal data, the client’s personal data will be deleted, the client has objected to the processing.
- The right to delete data (“the right to be forgotten”) – legal basis: art. 17 THE RHODE.
a) The customer has the right to request the removal of all or some personal data.
b) The customer has the right to request the deletion of personal data if:
a. personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
b. withdrew a specific consent to the extent to which personal data were processed based on his consent;
c. he objected to the use of his data for marketing purposes;
d. personal data are processed unlawfully;
e. personal data must be removed in order to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member State to which it is subject;
f. personal data have been collected in connection with the offering of information society services.
c) Despite the request to remove personal data, in connection with opposition or withdrawal of consent, scvolley may retain certain personal data to the extent that processing is necessary to establish, investigate or defend claims, as well as to fulfill a legal obligation requiring processing for Union law or the law of the Member State to which scvolley is subject. This applies in particular to personal data including: name, surname, e-mail address, which data is retained for the purpose of handling complaints and claims related to the use of scvolley services, or additionally the address of residence / mailing address, order number, which data they are kept for the purpose of handling complaints and claims related to concluded sales agreements or provision of services.
- The right to limit data processing – legal basis: art. 18 RHODE.
a) The customer has the right to demand the restriction of the processing of his personal data. Submission of a request, until its consideration prevents the use of certain functionalities or services, the use of which will involve the processing of data covered by the request. scvolley will not send any messages, including marketing messages.
b) The customer has the right to demand limitation of the use of personal data in the following cases:
a. when he questions the correctness of his personal data – then scvolley limits their use for the time needed to verify the correctness of data, but no longer than for 7 days;
b. when data processing is unlawful, and instead of deleting data, the Customer will demand restriction of their use;
c. where personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or used but is needed by the Customer to establish, assert or defend claims;
d. when he objected to the use of his data – then the restriction occurs for the time needed to consider whether – due to the special situation – protection of the client’s interests, rights and freedoms outweighs the interests that the Administrator carries out while processing the client’s personal data.
- The right of access to data – legal basis: art. 15 THE RHODE.
a) The Customer has the right to obtain from the Administrator confirmation whether he processes personal data, and if so, the Customer has the right to:
a. get access to your personal data;
b. obtain information on the purposes of processing, categories of personal data being processed, recipients or categories of recipients of the data, planned period of customer data storage or criteria for determining this period (when it is not possible to determine the planned data processing period) about the rights of the Customer under RODO and the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body, the source of this data, about automated decision-making, including profiling and about safeguards applied in connection with the transfer of these data outside the European Union;
c. obtain a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectify data – legal basis: art. 16 THE RHODE.
- The right to data transfer – legal basis: art. 20 RHODE.
a) The customer has the right to receive his personal data, which he provided to the Administrator, and then send them to another personal data administrator of his choice. The Customer also has the right to demand that personal data be sent by the Administrator directly to such an administrator, if it is technically possible. In this case, the Administrator will send the Customer’s personal data in the form of a file in csv format, which is a widely used, machine-readable format that allows sending the received data to another personal data administrator.
- In the event of the Customer having the rights resulting from the above rights, scvolley fulfills the request or refuses to meet it immediately, but not later than within one month after receiving it. However, if – due to the complexity of the request or the number of requests – scvolley will not be able to meet the request within a month, it will meet them within the next two months by informing the Customer within one month of receiving the request – about the intended extension and its reasons.
- The Customer may submit complaints to the Administrator, inquiries and requests regarding the processing of his personal data and the exercise of his rights.
The Customer has the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection in the scope of violation of his rights to the protection of personal data or other rights granted under the RODO.
§ 6 Security management – password
- SCvolley provides customers with a secure and encrypted connection when transferring personal data and when logging in to the Customer Account on the Website. SCvolley uses an SSL certificate issued by one of the world’s leading companies in the field of security and encryption of data transmitted via the Internet.
- In the event that the Customer who has an account in the Online Store has lost any access password in any way, the Online Store allows the generation of a new password. SCvolley does not send a password reminder. The password is stored in an encrypted form in a way that prevents its reading. To generate a new password, please enter your e-mail address in the form available under the link “I forgot my Login or Password” provided at the login form for the account in the Online Store. The customer to the e-mail address provided during registration or saved in the last change of the account profile will receive an e-mail containing a redirection to a dedicated form provided on the Shop Website, where the customer will be able to set a new password.
SCvolley never sends any correspondence, including electronic correspondence, with a request to provide login data, in particular an access password to the Customer’s account.